le petit poulet

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dancing with the Stars ROCKS



Wow, who would have guessed that "Dancing with the Stars" could make a house divided! My six year old has been wildly in love with Marie Osmond since the first night she saw her dance. She sat there, mesmerized saying how absolutely beautiful Marie was and what a wonderful dancer she was! It was so cute, how devoted my child was to this woman. I wasn't sure if it was the big hair, the wild makeup with sparkles on the eyelids....the blinding Osmond smile...that had her cheering Marie on? I even liked the fact that despite my cheering for quite a few dancers other than Marie, G still held fast to her devotion to Ms. Osmond, which I think speaks highly of her confidence in herself that she doesn't feel the need to think what the rest of us in the house are thinking!

By the finale though I was really freaking out at the thought that Marie could win this competition. I mean C'MON!! She is a great entertainer, I won't take that away from her. And yes, she overcame many obstacles in the course of the season. But she was not even close to being on par with Helio and Mel B....and I believe my exact words were "If Marie wins this show I am going to FREAK OUT." That doll dance was such a trainwreck that I am still not even sure what to think about it. Sometimes I wake up in the night sweating after a nightmare that I'm being attacked by a giant dancing Marie doll NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I really had to go with Helio and Julianne. First of all they are so stinkin' cute! I have never seen two happier people. Like little rays of sunshine!! When Mel B. described them as two cute little dolls that danced it was perfect. I loved how driven Helio was to win. If he messed something up he busted his butt to make it better. And while I was a huge fan of Mel and Maks for me it was a clear win for Helio!

And now I am hearing that Helio and Julianne are perhaps an item.....interesting. I give them my blessing to be a cute little couple! :)

G did not find out her beloved Marie had lost until last night when she watched the tape. We heard her yell out "OH NO MARIE WAS ELIMINATED!!!!!" then we heard this "SHE ONLY GOT ONE VOTE AND IT WAS MINE!" Where she got the idea from that Marie only got one vote was freaking funny! And I'll have you know that she did vote for her, and as hard as it was to keep a straight face and not rip the phone out of her hand yelling "SHE CAN'T DANCE FOR HEAVENS SAKE!" we let he proudly cast her vote for her beloved Marie. And we reassured her that despite Marie's loss of the title she still came in third and will always rock the dance floor in our hearts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I WANTED HER TO WIN TOO!!! I love Marie...was a HUGE Donnie and Marie Show fan when I was little. Miss G knows talent! GO MARIE!!!

November 30, 2007 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger AnneMarie said...

I have to say I was slightly...okay more than slightly obssesed with this season DWTS too. I was and still am cheering for Julieann & Hulio! I heard that they are dating. I sure hope she brings him back to UT with her.

December 5, 2007 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home