le petit poulet

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Festivities in a Nutshell!

Happy Post Halloween Thursday!
I've been reading peoples feelings on Halloween and I tend to fall somewhere in between. I love October, because of fall...not because of the goulish holiday. From the time I was little I remember dreading the Halloween season because I didn't (and still don't) like to be scared. I hated Haunted houses, just thinking of Dracula's castle at Lagoon gives me the shakes. I hate people decked out in costumes that are meant to make me stop in my tracks with my heart pounding for fear of having to walk by them. I don't dress up but I do like to have Halloween decorations around the house and I'm all for some pumpkin carving.
The girls were excited for Halloween this year, especially G who thought long and hard about who she wanted to be. Little One was very confused about this "Halloween" we all spoke to highly of. She wanted to be everything from Barney to a cat.....we wound up this year with...........drum roll please...
Princess Leia and a Sassy Little Red Riding Hood!!!

Pose like Princess Leia would pose....





After a fun filled day at school stuffing their faces with candy and running around the girls came home and our friends Cindy with "K" and "C" joined us to head on down to the Food Bank to celebrate with Auntie "L". Cindy and and "K" were dressed up as Daphne from Scooby Doo complete with sprayed orange hair and some groovy apparel and "C" was a cute little witch.




The girls were excited to see their Aunt! She took them around to all of the office where they shouted trick or treat and were showered with the most amazing Halloween yummies I have ever seen! They also got a fork lift show from the fork lift operator, were able to weigh the four of them with their bags of candy on the giant food scales and participate in a costume contest.



There was an absolute adorable girl there dressed as Snow White, she was so sweet and posed with the girls for a picture.... For Little One it almost made up for the little kid dressed in a horrible skeleton mask with a 3D chest that he was able to pump fake blood through the see through bones while menacingly blocking her path. From that moment on she didn't smile or let me put her down until I suggested we see Snow White for some cheer!



Then it was off to pack up a box for one of the people Cindy delivers to and we headed home.



Let the Halloween Party begin!
The kids played out back with the dads while we got the food ready and chatted inside. We have celebrated Halloween with Carin and Danny and the kids since they lived across the street from us many moons ago. I told Carin last night that this would have to be a tradition even when we had grandchildren...so that means I have her locked in for at least three or four more decades! WOO HOO

This year I made a chilli style soup and purchased a second soup with bread sticks. Carin brought a yummy salad and our new Halloween compadres Rick and Jen with their daughter came and brought fantastic munchies for appetizers as well as a delicious cake!



Joining us as well was Princess Aurora....



Fiona from Shrek.....



A Spooky Little Witch....



A Sweet Angel...



And Edward Scissorhands and her husband!



What a fun night....see you all again next year!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Annemarie said...

Love it, love it, love it! Love the "cinnamon roll" hair piece and the pose...and can I get first dibs on the Red Riding Hood costume a few years from now?!?!? SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

November 1, 2007 at 9:57 PM  
Blogger Megan/Brassy Apple said...

oh what fun! your kiddos looked so cute!!!!!

November 1, 2007 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home