le petit poulet

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Getting to know you Christmas Version!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A little bit-o-both!

2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Fake. The year we tried to do a real tree after we were married I was so allergic it was not worth the misery!

3. When do you put up the tree? I used to like to do it the day after Thanksgiving but I am just not that fast the last few years. At least by the first Saturday after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? I try to leave it up until the end of the month for the kids. But I start slyly removing other things right after Christmas. I miss my clutter free home.

5. Do you like eggnog? Sometimes. Thinned with milk.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My dear old dad scoured the SLC Valley for a poster of Rocky Balboa for me (this was before the days of poster stores with your fave celebrities plastered everywhere). He found one just days before Xmas. Xmas morning I came out and there rolled up in my stocking was my Rocky poster. I still have it :)

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. My youngest daughter is playing with it now. She made pizza for all of the nativity people who raised their hands.
8. Hardest person to buy for? In-Laws – they don’t need anything!!

9. Easiest person to buy for? G

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? Hmmmmm I can't remember. I'm sure my mom could tell you. She lives to rememeber traumatic events of my childhood :)

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Oh gosh, I'm totally old school. Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Twas the Night Before Christmas (with the mice), Frosty the Snowman (the head is the most difficult part) and It's A Wonderful Life.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Novemberish

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas morning my dad makes his famous cheese omelettes. (hold the white blubber on mine please!)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love The Little Drummer Boy, O Holy Night, and the one "Outside the snow is falling and friends are calling yoo-hoo. C'mon it's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you" (I am singing as I type it!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Roudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A Reindeer

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning. I'm a stickler for the rules.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? It goes way too fast and is hard to enjoy. I'm trying my best to savor each day. I haven't taken my car radio station off of FM 100's Xmas tunes since December 1st.

23. What I love most about Christmas? The warmth and beauty of everything, especially with the gorgeous snow outside and the beautiful lights glowing in all of the houses :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home