le petit poulet

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

SPC Self Portrait Challenge "Patterns"


We continue with this months challenge of patterns on SPC.
As I thought about this week I remembered what my delightful five year old daughter told me a month or so ago....
G: "Great, nobody will ever think I'm beautiful."
Me: "Why would you say that! People think you're beautiful."
G: "Because, everybody says I look like you and you look tired and rusty!"

Ahhhhh, such a loving sweet soul. The reason for her statement mainly focuses around my freckles.....the same freckles that she now has sprinkled lightly over the bridge of her little nose. I wondered if my freckle pattern did somehow resemble the "rustiness" that she spoke of.
And lo and behold there is a continuing pattern between myself as I age away.... and the crackle and speckles of rust as it ages objects slowly away!!

Perhaps I'll have this one blown up to frame in her room as a reminder of what she'll look like someday when she gets tired and rusty!!

8 Comments:

Blogger the fabled needle (jen) said...

i love the intensity of the colors in this photo!

August 15, 2007 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

I love this! You look beautiful in this photo, and someday your daughter will see that. :)

August 15, 2007 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Spencer said...

this is just lovely. the rust, the freckles, the red lipstick. all so beautiful together.

http://www.sometimeseverything.wordpress.com

August 15, 2007 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Megan/Brassy Apple said...

I agree. the colors are gorgeous!

August 16, 2007 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger Georgia said...

Lovely colors:)

My little boy told me the other day that I was getting fat...

Do you love Twilight? I am totally obsessed with her books... yum :)

August 16, 2007 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

If rusty was so beautiful! your gorgeous and fantastic portrait.

August 16, 2007 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger {Le Petit Poulet} said...

Thank you to everyone for the awesome comments! You have taken the term "tired and rusty" and turned it into something that makes me now smile!

Georgia thanks for reminding me that I needed to do my "Twilight" review! Amazing books!!!!

:)

August 16, 2007 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Loved your photo this week so I made it a Friday Fave on the SPC site.

August 17, 2007 at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home