le petit poulet

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Arch Nemisis

What has two arms, two legs, big blue eyes and is the size of a peanut?


MY ARCH NEMISIS.....LITTLE ONE!!
This childs main goal in life right now is to make sure that I feel like I am losing my mind. I have no doubt that at some point in life when I am elderly and don't have complete control of my thinking she will conjure up some plot to convince me that I am totally insane....and then giggle her mainical giggle.
Lately we don't see eye to eye on anything. The day after she was born I remember telling Bri that despite the fact that she was so quiet and sweet she had a twinkle in her eye that meant trouble!! She may have had others fooled but a mommy knows!
Today Little One is off to see her grandmother, which is the loveliest present for me!!! That means I won't have to wonder if she is taping things up all over the house, or if she is finding the scissors to cut yet more paper into tiny strips all over the floor that she refuses to clean up. Or if she is quietly drawing on her arms with my Sharpie that she has found in my desk, or if she needs a snack for the THREE THOUSANDTH TIME TODAY, or if she can go the whole day making sure every word out of her mouth is said in a whining voice.

And while I like to think I am in complete control of my children I know that Little One also likes to think she is complete control of my children!! Today while she is gone I am going to plot to regain my household....but of course I'm sure that she too is sitting at her grandmothers kitchen table, pen in hand scribbling out her own plan on paper of how she will maintain her own control of her kingdom!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Annemarie said...

I don't believe a word of it...

December 12, 2007 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Georgia said...

Sounds like your little one and my middle one should NEVER meet! If they did, they could easily take over the world...

December 12, 2007 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Lindz said...

I have one just like that!! I like to call him my "Precious Gift"...I am just thankful that I am NOT pregnant, and having to deal with him!!

December 27, 2007 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger The Peach.... said...

Hear you loud and clear!!!

December 30, 2007 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home