le petit poulet

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Each One Gets a Happy Reward....

Here is to you Little One. Yesterday you won the award for being the only person in the house who was not sick or puking because of a baby in their stomach! You were quite proud of yourself for earning such an honor from your mom, as you can tell by the big grin on her face. And for your reward you were shipped off to the grandparents for the afternoon to wreak havoc while G and I commiserated together on the couch and caught a very intense episode of "Injury Hospital" as you called it, or as I like to call it "General Hospital".


After a few days at home with her horrendous cough that my poor G gets with just about every cold she has ever had I know she was just itching to get back to the real world in school. I chose to keep her home today but plans changed when we received an early a.m. call from her teacher.
My girl had been chosen to do the pledge of allegiance over the PA for the whole school this morning! No other kindergarten kids had been chosen to do it, but because G had it memorized she was chosen. I used to love doing the pledge every morning when we arrived at school as children, and to be honest I wasn't sure kids even did the pledge anymore in an effort to keep everybody happy and keep life politically correct.
Her teacher was so excited and told me cough or not send her in because this was a big deal! So we rushed around the house getting her ready, she was so excited and nervous. When I picked her up she told me proudly that she did it and she didn't cough once! I'm so proud of my patriotic girl!!


When life is going sort of "eh" I say hit Etsy and buy yourself a nostalgic vintage set of a wooden Christmas soldier band! When I saw these I grinned from ear to ear and when they showed up I laughed out loud! These little guys are AWESOME. They remind me of childhood and ornaments that we hung on our tree that I was lucky enough to have passed down to me. I'm so excited next year to display this marching band on the tree! I like the little guy with the little guitar the best! When G saw them she ran for them "Can I have them, can I, can I!" to which I replied "No they're mine!!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Carin Davis said...

Little one is looking so grown up!!!! I am so proud of G!!!!! I wish I could have heard her!

I am still convinced I will see her on the big screen someday!!!

January 23, 2008 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Awwww, cute girls! Way to go "G" on the pledge...my boys would give their right arm to do that!

January 23, 2008 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Megan/Brassy Apple said...

Yeah for little Miss P!

I still LOVE your "H" window behind her in that photo! :)

January 26, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home